In an effort to avoid a dry blog post about being thankful for friends, family, shelter, books, book-lovers, and an 11-inch pecan pie baked (not by me) to perfection, I’m continuing my tradition of posting a non-traditional list of other, less commonly mentioned things I’m thankful for. (Don’t get me wrong…VERY thankful for the above list!) In no particular order:
Ten Things I’m Thankful For in 2010
* Strawberry Fruit Roll-ups. Swear they put crack in these.
* My iPhone. (Yes, it was on last year’s list but it’s my security blanket, my connection to the world, my almost-everything materialistic and tangible.)
* Vodka. Less hangovers than wine, gluten-free, and with a little cranberry…it’s all good.
* Rewards Programs. People want to reward me for shopping? Perfect.
* Facebook. As a reclusive, older-than-30 chick who works at home, it IS my social life. (No comments about whether that’s sad or not.)
* Bloom Bake Shop. 2 blocks from my front door. At least one gluten-free selection (and one vegan) daily. Cupcakes are to die for.
* Clumping litter. We have 5 cats. Enough said.
* Renters. Fifteen months of paying two house payments was PLENTY.
* Melatonin. Otherwise I’d be up till 3am every day.
* Mad City Romance Writers. Awesome local chapter (to be-ish) of RWA. Fabulous people who write excellent books.
I’m blessed ten times over. Make it 11. I’m grateful for anyone who visits my blog, so thank you!
Your turn. Besides the usuals, what off-beat thing can you add to the list?
Happy Turkey Day to all!